Monday, January 14, 2008

My Amiga J. On the War-Path for Obama

Here's J.'s latest post, and it shows why, if Clinton takes the nomination, a lot of support for the Democratic party will defect to a write-in candidate or, I'm not kidding, the Republicans. I agree with J. 100%--- but aside from that, I mean, no matter what your politics are, have a look at J.'s page because it is only of thousands like it--- they're bursting out like blossoms in spring. One of the things I find most interesting about the '08 presidential campaign is the candidates's intensive and innovative use of the internet to magnetize supporters and donations. Barack Obama's webpage is splendidly easy to navigate and a five year old (well, I exaggerate, but only slightly) could slap up a "my barack obama blog." It seems to me that much of what is happening in bookselling is similar--- it's social networking. More anon.