Monday, October 04, 2010

Yvette Grutter and C.M. Mayo, Democrats Abroad in Mexico City

A few months ago, I had the pleasure of presenting my novel, The Last Prince of the Mexican Empire, at the exhibition of paintings by artist Yvette Grutter for the Mexico City chapter of Democrats Abroad. Ever since, I've been meaning to post this photo, which gives an idea of Yvette's gloriously vivid works (she's the one with the halo!).(Check out her website at www.yvettegrutter.com). The venue was a sueño: an apartment overlooking Chapultepec Park, and with eagle's eye view of Chapultepec Castle.

Also in attendance: Michael K. Schuessler, biographer of Elena Poniatowska and Pita Amor, and editor of the sublime Alma M. Reed's memoir, Peregrina: Love & Death in Mexico--- more about that amazing book anon.

P.S. A lot of you have been asking me when I will present the novel in Spanish, El último príncipe del Imperio Mexicano, which has just come out in Mexico with Grijalbo-Random House-Mondadori. The answer is: soon. To sign up for my newletter, click here; for updates on events, click here.

More anon.