Monday, April 28, 2014

Literally Short Film Awards

For its 10th anniversary, Literal Magazine is holding a short film contest. 



I am a big, big fan of Literal. Having edited my own literary magazine, Tameme, for a mere 3 issues,  I stand in awe of all that editor Rose Mary Salum and her team have accomplished-- and continue to accomplish. I'll be posting a note soon about the latest anthology, a beautiful and path-breaking collection of Arab and Jewish short stories out of Latin America, Delta de las arenas.

PS Check out my latest book reviews in Literal:
*Making a New World and Mexico and Mexicans in the Making of the United States by John Tutino
*Our Lost Border, edited by Sarah Cortez and Sergio Troncoso
*From This Wicked Patch of Dust and Crossing Borders by Sergio Troncoso

And an article, now ancient history: "Twitter Is"