Monday, March 02, 2015

Cyberflanerie: Pita "dessssssspota" Amor, 100 Years Ago, Bay Area Shellmounds, Silicon Valley Solutionism, Nobody Knows What The Hell Is Happening

Pita Amor recites her poetry. (If you don't speak Spanish, ni modo, this is a must-watch).
P.S. My interview with her biographer, Michael K. Schuessler.

German-American Historian of Mexico Heribert von Feilitzsch on Why We Should Care About What Happened 100 Years Ago

I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and this is the first I've heard of the Bay Area Shellmounds (which, in itself, says volumes).

Lloyd Kahn on Wild Foods from Berkeley and Oakland

Literal magazine covers Silicon Valley Solutionism

Writerly quote du jour:


"Anyone who claims to have useful information about the publishing industry is lying to you, because nobody knows what the hell is happening. My advice is for writers to reject the old models and take over the production of their own and each other's work as much as possible." 

From "Things I Can Say About MFA Writing Programs Now That I No Longer Teach in One" by Ryan Boudinot. 

P.S. Read my blog post on making PODs.

Your COMMENTS are always welcome.