Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Cyberflanerie: Reading, Writing, Podcasting Edition (and My Newsletter)

The Kindle edition of the anthology by Mikel Miller et al, Mexico: Sunlight and Shadows, which has been garnering scads of enthusiastic reviews, is free this Saturday August 29 and Sunday August 30. (This anthology includes an excerpt from my memoir of Mexico's Baja California peninsula, Miraculous Air.)

My mailchimp newsletter went out, fi-nal-ly. I try to get it out every other month-ish, but it's been a busy spring and summer, and to show for it, several new podcasts, articles and other news (my latest book won the National Indie Excellence Award for History!!!) 


May you enjoy the podcasts with rodeo barrel racer Lisa Ferndandes and historian Lonn Taylor. I certainly did... P.S. You are, of course, ever and always most welcome to subscribe.


What I'm reading (and relishing):


Graham Robb's The Discovery of Middle Earth: Mapping the Lost World of the Celts
Thomas Hockey's How We See the Sky: A Naked-Eye Tour of Day & Night
Earl Swift's The Big Roads: The Untold Story of the Engineers, Visionaries, and Trailblazers Who Created the American Superhighways


What I'm working on:



Editing the Marfa Mondays podcast #19, "BBQ Pitmaster Israel Campos in Pecos" (Listen in to the other 18 Marfa Mondays podcasts here.)
For Literal, writing a review (rave-rave-rave!!!) of Sam Quinones' Dreamland: The True Tale of America's Opiate Epidemic
What I call a "mini-clip," that is, a brief, edited video, of barrel racers and steer wrestlers at the Pecos Rodeo. (View my other mini-clips for the Far West Texas book here.)

May you have a splendid weekend.


Your comments are always welcome.