Thursday, March 24, 2016

Top Posts of 2008, the Year of (Almost) Daily Posting

In preparation for a post on the occasion of this blog's 10th anniversary, I continue to mine the "Madam Mayo" archives for top posts and trends. So far I've listed the top posts of 2015; 2014; 2103; 2012; 2011; 2010; and 2009. Herewith, the top posts of 2008. 

Going back this many years, "Madam Mayo" blog starts looking very different. 


In 2008 I was still getting my mind around blogging, a concept then still fresh-out-of-the-Internet's-maw, and the notion that one could click a button labeled "PUBLISH" and, sans editor, zap it all over the world wide web within a matter of seconds, was verily Star Trek-esque! 
Today, with everyone's 14 year-old and their cat on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Vine and Snapchat, well, ye olde blogging begins to appear Mesozoic. Or something. But anyway, I love blogging now just as I loved it in 2008, although back then I was posting items more suited for a bulletin board than for a list to be saved. Which is an OK way to blog. But it's not the way I blog now, in 2016.

Oh, and 2008 was the year the whole show + parking lot + concession stands + outlying suburbs of the international financial system almost slid off the cliff. But I'm not sure I noticed, however; I was too busy blogging-- and finishing my novel, The Last Prince of the Mexican Empire, which would come out in 2009.



December 22, 2008

June 19, 2008

June 2, 2008

March 31, 2008

January 26, 2008

January 1, 2008


+ + + + + + + + + + + + +



Guest-blog Posts of 2008

There were so many in 2008! 

I invite you to check out ye olde archive.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + +


Your comments are always welcome.


Click here.

And I welcome you to sign up for my free, every other monthly-ish 
bananatastic, pug and podcast-packed newsletter.