Friday, April 18, 2008

Puff, Puff, Puff

Via DC writing amigo and fellow-WIW member, John Curry, here's a link to a fun article from the Chronicle of Higher Education:

Reading Blogs Can Become Habitual, Like Smoking (but Safer)
A study of blog readers' behavior found that for many people, checking favorite blogs is part of a routine that they feel compelled to repeat each day.

"I don't know if I look forward to" reading blogs, said one participant in the study. "I don't really look forward to cigarettes anymore, but it's something that happens through the course of the day that I feel like I might need to do. It just becomes habit, I guess."

Similar sentiments were expressed by many other participants in the study, which was conducted by researchers at the University of California at Irvine. "When asked about motivations for reading blogs, participants said they visit blogs for information, inspiration, entertainment, and to a certain extent because ...READ MORE


What's on my feeds page? More anon.