Tuesday, January 26, 2010

On Making Art: Katherine Dunn, Communicatrix, Derek Sivers, Seth Godin, Yours Truly on Book Studio

A batch of items today:

Artist / farmer / pie maker / senior animal caretaker Katherine Dunn over at the delightful Apifera Farm blog has this to show and say about anger and art.

Communicatrix interviews Seth Godin on making art.
(P.S. How do you know if you've been lulled to sleep? Do you drink Diet Coke? I am not kidding.)

Derek Sivers interviews Seth Godin, ditto (the music angle).

Et moi? No, I didn't interview Seth Godin. But Bethanne Patrick interviewed me for Book Studio about the Washington DC story behind the story of my novel, The Last Prince of the Mexican Empire. If I do say so myself, it's a pretty good interview, though either I have the camera lights directly in my eyes or I need to work on keeping my eyes open while I speak (probably both).

More anon.