Monday, May 25, 2015

Rock Art Adventure in Far West Texas

The book in-progress about Far West Texas is turtling along.... meanwhile, I've posted a few new videos from the travels. All my videos are extremely brief, edited, and with soundtracks. The idea isn't to be the next Ken Burns --though I do love that "Ken Burns" option in iMovie-- but to simply illustrate the text. (Think of them as a pirouette up from GIFs.)

From a recent outing with the Rock Art Foundation (to a site about an hour from Comstock, on the banks of the Pecos River):



LEWIS CANYON PETROGLYPHS





BANKS OF THE PECOS RIVER; 

LEWIS CANYON PETROGRAPHS AND TINAJA




MEYERS SPRING






Sound tracks on all three are courtesy of English composer Ergo Phizmiz.


Listen in anytime to my interview with Greg Williams, the director of the Rock Art Foundation, "Marfa Mondays" #15


 All Marfa Mondays Podcasts


About the book in-progress


 More of my mini-videos of Far West Texas


A TV news clip about some of the fascinating cutting edge research going on at the Shumla School in Comstock

Your comments are always welcome, and I also welcome you to opt in to my every other month-ish newsletter.