Friday, July 14, 2006

Picadou & The 3-Legged Standouts

The just-on-the-newststands July/August issue of The Bark -- "the modern dog culture magazine" -- features "3-Legged Standouts" including darling cover-girl Border-Collie mix Clover, wearing a necklace of yellow flowers. Picadou has all four legs last I checked (she's right here with me in my office getting her z's). She's featured on page 81, in a drawing by Maria Isabel Arango, and my essay, "Postcard from Mexico City" (an excerpt from "The Essential Francisco Sosa or, Picadou's Mexico City", the full length version, originally published in Creative Nonfiction and, by the way, available in an audio CD, with a part of proceeds to benefit Presencia Animal.) I love The Bark, which my mom's cousin Annie introduced me to some years ago. I've been a faithful reader ever since. Even the ads are woofie! I love checking out the advertisers's websites-- the stuff people come up with! (www.crazydoglady.com and www.muttlynchwinery.com and www.beautifulbeasts.com.) The Bark's motto: "Dog is my Co-Pilot." Oh yeah.