Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Ceci n'est ce pas une Newsletter October 2014

Just sent out my October 2014 newsletter, chock full of book news, the best from the blogs, the news about the Texas Book Festival, and more. Read it here. 

My one day only workshop on Literary Travel Writing will be this Saturday October 11 at the Writer's Center in Bethesda, MD

The Writer's Center
10 am - 1 pm (one day only)
Literary Travel Writing Workshop
Take your travel writing to another level: the literary, which is to say, giving the reader the novelistic experience of actually traveling there with you. For both beginning and advanced writers, this workshop covers the techniques from fiction and poetry that you can apply to this specialized form of creative nonfiction for deliciously vivid effects.
Register on-line

Visit my page FOR CREATIVE WRITERS for upcoming workshops and a rich array of resources for writers

+ Read more about my workshop
+ Recommended literary travel memoirs



Some of my work:

Miraculous Air: Journey of a Thousand Miles through Baja California, the Other Mexico (travel memoir)

A Visit to Swan House (read article from Cenizo Journal on-line)

+ Marfa Mondays Podcasting Project #7: We Have Seen the Lights (listen to the podcast)

From Mexico to Miramar or, Across the Lake of Oblivion (link to ebook)




Want to know when I'm giving another workshop or post a podcast or bring out a new book?  I welcome you to sign up for my newsletter. I'll be sending it out again sometime in November.

COMMENTS always welcome.