Tuesday, January 27, 2015

UCSD Center for US-Mexican Studies: An Upcoming Talk

***UPDATE: Podcast recording of this event >>LISTEN HERE<<


This Thursday January 29 @ 3:30 PM in the Center for US-Mexican Studies at UCSD I'll be talking about my new book, Metaphysical Odyssey into the Mexican Revolution: Francisco I. Madero and His Secret Book, Spiritist Manual. 

The event is free and open to the public, and you can register here.

If you're nowhere near La Jolla CA, I invite you to  listen in anytime to the podcast of my talk about this same book for PEN San Miguel, recorded on January 13, 2015 at Bellas Artes in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico (in English).

Reviews for the book have been coming in, most recently from EZRA Translation Journal, Kirkus, and San Francisco Review of Books.  I invite you to read more about the book, plus access a cornucopia of Resources for Researchers on the book's website.

> Your COMMENTS are always welcome.




(Talk for the American Literary Translator's Association conference, 
Milkwaukee, November 2014)


El espiritismo seduce a Francisco I. Madero


Cosecha del FIL: In Celebration of Latin American Voices
(A note on literary magazine history)

(updated January 25, 2015)